Friday, September 14, 2007

Week Nine/Lesson #19: Podcasts

I think I've done too many Discovery Exercises in a row, so I'm going to make this one brief...

I visited the three podcast directories suggested in this week's lesson:


All three seemed adequate. The categories or genres in all three could be useful/interesting if you just want to browse a certain area of interest. The "top ten" or "most popular" categories are also interesting. I especially liked that I could browse tags at Podcast.net. I browsed tags associated with library, libraries, librarian(s), etc...and found a few things that I might be interested in. Unfortunately, I am currently at a public service desk, sitting at a computer with no sound...so no podcast viewing for me!

I did investigate and discover how to add the RSS feed for a podcast to my Google Reader. When I get back to a computer where I can view a couple of these podcasts, I may be adding a few. Also, I noticed an article this week's Eastern Progress about EKUcast. It seems that, later in September, EKU will offer podcasts about the "happenings on campus." The podcast will be free, and students, faculty, staff (and others) may subscribe (free on iTunes for your iPod) or watch them directly on the EKU website. Hopefully, I will soon be able to subscribe to EKUcast and keep up with the "happenings on campus!"

No comments: